Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This extruded magazine came on a recently acquired 42 code 1940 dated Luger, but is obviously incorrect for this pistol. The quality appears to be extremely high, there are no markings on the tube, and it is brightly polished overall. I understand that it is a Simson police magazine, and the E/46 proof identifies it as being of 1934 manufacture. It also bears a large capital "A" and I wonder what this additional marking indicates.

Download Attachment: SimsonMag.JPG
73.79KB

Download Attachment: SimsonMag2.JPG
32.3KB

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Aaron
Your magazine is of crimped folded construction (not extruded). The number 1 indicates that it is police and the E/46 indicates that it was inspected by an inspector that also inspected Simson Lugers.

Costanzo indicates that this stamp was used in 1934 only(The 46 under the eagle is not in the same format/font as that shown in Costanzo page 109). The serial number appears to be an over stamp of another serial number.

I do not know what the A signifies.
Jan

·
Banned
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Jan, the serial is definitely over stamped with another number. It is my guess that the entity which applied the over stamp may have also applied the large letter A.

·
Banned
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Jan, the serial is definitely over stamped with another number. It is my guess that the entity which applied the over stamp may have also applied the large letter A.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.