Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've a hunting simson rifle with 2 barrel (one is 7X57) & a zeiss optic.
I think this rifle was made during WWII period made but I need help for dating it.
It's not my area of collecting. Sorry if it's not the correct place here for hunting rifle discussion but as it's a german item & WWII period, perhaps someone can help me.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
2,360 Posts
Francisque, if you take the barrels off of the receiver you can see on the bottom of the chambers or the bottom of the barrels the date this Simson was proofed and finished. It is a very nice looking over/under (rifle / shotgun) or Bockbuechsflinte as the Germans call it. The Zeiss scope is proper for the time period it was made (probably in the early to mid 1930s). The straight or English stock may indicate it was exported to England or the U.S. I am very happy you own such a nice gun and I look forward to knowing what the date on the barrel is. The date will always be 3 or 4 numbers like 335 (March 1935) or 1037 (Oct. 1937). Best regards, Jim Cate, founding member of the German Gun Collectors Association.

·
2,501 Posts
These are referred to a "Drilling" combination rifle and shotgun firearms.

They are particularly valuable. A current ad for something similar in the USA online right now is $4250.

Search on the term "Simson drilling rifle shotgun" and you'll hit a number of them online.

·
Registered
553 Posts
WOW Beautiful...thanks for sharing
al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts