Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how i can value my luger or what pub i need to get to get an idea?

·
Administrator
15,090 Posts
Lots of ways to judge value. Probably the best is to do the following:

Go to sites such as dealer sites, Simpsons, or Ralph Shattucks, or Randy Beesler's, and others and you can get a good feel for prices. Then go to Gun Auction boards and see how much guns go for. Then lastly go to larger gun shows such as Reno and you can see many prices there.

If you showed many pictures and a good description, you could get a very rough value here, but it would simply be a guess, as judging it in person is really needed.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Administrator
15,090 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Frank
Your Luger (sn 5737)was manufactured in about 1929/1930 by Simson and Co. located in Suhl Germany for the Weimar Army. These lugers are characterized by acceptance stamps on almost all parts. See page 34-36 and 68-74 of Weimar Lugers and look in the Weimar Lugers section of this Forum under SIMSON WAR SCHOOL LUGERS for more information. Yours is an Undated Variation.

Its difficult to judge a Luger based on photographs. Based on your photographs I would estimate that the parts(visible in the photographs) are all properly accepted and matched except the magazine (it lacks an acceptance stamp). The finish appears to be at about 90 percent with some pitting or roughness on the right receiver and turning brown in places.

If your Luger is all original and matched I would estimate its value at between $1800 and $2500.
Jan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jan
the numbers on the boyyom of the mag match the gun.must it have the accp. mark to be matching?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.