Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have aquired a loader that I have an option to purchase. This is the first one that I have had the opportunity to use.
My question is this: The loader is pitted and has corroded through in two small holes in the mag body. It is however completely functional and original. I am of the impression it is a bodenfund (dug up relic). I have been offered it for $450.
Is this a fair price?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
P3
Snail drum loaders are rare, but I doubt if a rusted through-dug one is worth $450.
Jan

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for that info. I did receive my two books on Tuesday and am very happy with them. Thanks again.

·
Registered
406 Posts
quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
I have been offered it for $450.
Is this a fair price?
Thanks,
Mike
As stated, these are not easy to come by, however, IMO, the condition does not warrant the price. No sense pruchasing junk just because the item in nice shape is hard to find. Junk still is junk.

Keep looking, they are out there. And, Good Hunting.

·
Administrator
13,130 Posts
I agree, as Garfield said, if you buy junk, you'll regret it. Far better to pay an extra $500 (or a bit more) and have a real one that will go up in value, while the rusted one in 10 years might go up $50? If you can find someone willing to buy it.

Ed

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
No idea whether it´s worth that much without having seen it. Is it in working condition? The present price here in Germany for a functional loader (marked BING) is approx. 2.000 Euros (= $) - if you can find one. An AEG loader would be a lot more. It is said that there are repros around - but I haven´t seen one yet personally.

·
Registered
406 Posts
There are, indeed, repros out there. I have seen them and, at least based on the examples I have seen, if a person is not familiar with these items I doubt that they would destinquish a repro from an original.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts