Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found one of each at a show and after I got them home and got looking at them real close I find GERMANY stamps on both. I feel pretty confident that they are both originals but I guess I'm wondering if the stamps detract from the value? I would assume they came over after WWI and I think I recall seeing old ads for them in one of the gun books for some silly price like $16.95. Perhaps the stamp actually adds something due to the repops floating around. Would appreciate any thoughts as to value. I understand the old gentleman has a type one with dust cover and another tool and I'm thinking I need to buy them also.

Download Attachment: MVC-007S.JPG
21.6KB

Download Attachment: MVC-003S.JPG
45.9KB

Download Attachment: MVC-006S.JPG
40.31KB

Download Attachment: MVC-001S.JPG
43.28KB

Download Attachment: MVC-004S.JPG
40.89KB

Download Attachment: MVC-005S.JPG
48.23KB

Download Attachment: MVC-002S.JPG
32.66KB

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Dave, good as gold. I have never found any negative acceptance to the post war "GERMANY" marked units. If you don't want the type I, I'd appreciate a shot at it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hello taudelt
I was wondering if you would post photos of the loading handle of your TM-08 loader from the side and bottom. Is the handle of the two piece construction?
"Luger Variations" by Harry E. Jones, both 1st & 4th Editions have good photos on page 258 and "LE LUGER,Un pistolet de legende" by Georges Machelinekx ( I can not read French, so my apologies if the author is not correct) has a great photo on page 38 of the AEG hallmark on a loader such as yours
Thanks again

·
Registered
411 Posts
Dave
Thank you for the additional photos of your early type TM-08 loading tool. When I was looking at your first set of pictures I noticed it had the wide style mag. release button spring retainer spot-welded to the left side so, I thought it my have been the early type or maybe a transitional modlel to the thinner style spring retainer with the one piece handle.
I have been looking for a early type like yours, but no luck so far.
You have a nice find and thank you for the photos.
Ed

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have a drum loading tool pictured in the new collector section of this site, have not noticed GERMANY stamp on tool, only stamp is 511, sold 2nd issue drum but still have the loading tool. the picture is dark but i hope to post better pic`s in next 2 days. any info on 511 stamp would be great. Thanks Mark Studelska

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.