Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again, nothing too remarkable - just a trio of Model 8s, with the three major variants represented.

Detailed photos of each follow.

View attachment 131783 View attachment 131784

--------------------------------------------------

First is serial no. 392589, an early first variation Model 8 with the internal extractor and takedown latch button on the right side of the trigger guard.

Note the "MADE IN GERMANY" export marking on the left side of the frame behind the trigger, and the early grips with no Walther banner at the bottom.

View attachment 131777 View attachment 131778

-----------------------------------------------------

Next is serial no. 727224, a late second variation showing the external extractor. Note the grip with the Walther banner on the bottom.

The takedown latch is still present on the right side of the trigger guard.

View attachment 131779 View attachment 131780

---------------------------------------------------

Last is serial no. 720396, a third variation with the redesigned trigger and no takedown latch. Instead, the trigger guard must be pulled downwards against strong spring tension to disassemble.

Note the much lower serial number of this third variant as compared to 2nd variant no. 727224 above. This overlap is commonly observed later Model 8 pistols.

View attachment 131781 View attachment 131782

---------------------------------------------------

That's all for now, hope you enjoyed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Bob,
Once again your thread and pictures are excellent. I have yet to master or even achieve satisfaction with my photography. sometimes I get fair results and sometimes I can't seem to get anything to come out the way I want it to. Your photos are very good so you don't need to criticize them at all. I am very impressed with your collection and knowledge of the pistols in it and look forward to the next installment of the Humble pie show. I don't think there are a whole lot of pocket and vest pocket collectors here that can compare what they have to yours and that maybe why you aren't seeing more replies but rest assured it is a pleasure to see your post and we appreciate seeing them.

Regards,

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Burgess, it's good to hear that I'm not the only one who doesn't have an easy time with close-up photography. One improvement I know might make a difference is having a tripod (I'm freehanding in the pictures I've posted so far), but the bigger issue for me is shadow. I can't think of any way around this when taking pictures from directly above the subject. I never use the flash, of course, only natural daylight. People talk about using reflectors to kill the shadow when the light source is from one side of the subject, but that doesn't help me if I have to lean right over the gun to take the picture. Quite frustrating.

I am much honored to have your continued input and compliments on my presentations, it means a lot.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Bob,

I had the same problems. I am still training and trying to get better. However such a little helper gives you good light and comparable conditions each time:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Photo-S...105?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256e76b059
The one I have has daylight bulbs included left and right in the sides.
I put it on a table and use a high quality tripod for my camera. Don't use a flash! The device shown above gives you enough light even for close up photos.

Regards

Stefan

·
Registered
301 Posts
Bob,

that's the way it works. I take the pictures from the front and keep the gun upright with some acryl glass stands. I will take a few pictures and post it in the next days.

Regards

Stefan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts