Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

This is my Russian Makarov dated 1963. It's in great condition.
I'm always surprised at how accurate these pistols are. The 9x18 is a pretty damn snappy catridge.

20200805_232137.jpg Makarov1.jpg

I think it's an Izhevsk, but I'm not sure.
I can't find anything about the two cyrilic stamps next to the year.

20200805_232044.jpg
- "NC" in a circle
- "A" in a circle

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes, Izhevsk, and the two stamps are inspection stamps, I believe. Nice piece, wish you were stateside of the pond as you could then sell it to me....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad I bought it when I did. It was 200 euro which was pretty cheap. Now the supply seems to have dried up. Prices have gone up on all things Russian aswell

·
Registered
519 Posts
Soviet is the new German.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hey everyone,

This is my Russian Makarov dated 1963. It's in great condition.
I'm always surprised at how accurate these pistols are. The 9x18 is a pretty damn snappy catridge.
Thank you for showing! It is good to see an earlier one, with the safety still numbered.

We are not privileged to see the Soviet Makarov PM very often here in the US. A few do sneak through, but most often there are the Romanian, E. German or Chinese.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi I have two Russians. One was referred to as a "Bulgarian Sneak" it was marked Bulgaria but the marked code was Russian. The other is a non-import marked Russian that were around about 12 years back. I heard the stories that they were brought in by Canadian tourists or #2 that they came in a diplomatic bag. There is no sign of wear on the latter except I few light scratches on the grip in the vicinity of the lanyard clip. I doubt the Canadian story so I have no idea why it's not marked. I will post pictures when I can. Right now I am buzzy hiding in my basement, regards, Mike ;)

·
Platinum Bullet Member 2012
792 Posts
Mike, I saw one of those Russian made Maks stamped Bulgaria at a gun show several years ago. I should have bought it but didn't.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi, I think someone on the Makarov Forum noticed them and told the Dealer. He allowed the use of the C&R license and jacked up the price $20. I was happy to get it, regards, Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts