Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spandau Lugers

20K views 113 replies 28 participants last post by  Edward Tinker 
quote:Originally posted by Heinz

I
I also have a copy of Shattucks "Lugers of Ralph Shattuck" ( or something close to that) that I cannot lay my hands on at the moment. My recollection is that Ralph was much more enthusiatic about the existence of Spandau Lugers in that book, noting that several had been verified at a NAPA show.
Regarding the comments found in 'Lugers of RS'; I don't believe that any one doubts the 'existence' of the Spandau Luger. There are definately some P08s out there possessing Spandau markings. The pertinent questions would seem to be, what were these "several" pistols verified as being and who were the verifiers?

quote:Originally posted by Heinz

But in any case they are supposed to be worth upwards of $20,000 with the deaths head marked navy variation going for somewhat more.
I wonder what a Death's Head marked Navy variation "Spandau" with the Kaiser's initials inked inside the grips would go for?

quote:Originally posted by cpw
Probably in excess of $25,000. The initials give it the added flavor.
Well, I don't have a Navy variation death's head. Matter of fact, it isn't a "Spandau. BUT, it does have the initials "KB" inked inside of the grips and I reckon they have to be Kaiser Bill's because the pistol is nickled. All I have to do is get it "verified".

See 'Lugers of RS', p. 38 for the deaths head and p. 44 for the chromed luger.

quote:Originally posted by Frank

I think I would rather buy Garfield's Chrome Plated Navy with KB marks than a fake Spandau. Bill, this is not an offer!!!

Just my 2 cents worth!!
Frank:

You dirty dog! You made my heart skip a beat there. For a fleeting second I thought that I had a chance to pass on that "treasure".

quote:Originally posted by Frank

Garfield, if you want to "pass" it on, I'll send you my address!! However, I will assume that you want nothing in return, except my gratitude!!
Based on your assumption, I can only assume that you believe in the tooth fairy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.