Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spandau Lugers

20K views 113 replies 28 participants last post by  Edward Tinker 
Heinz, you can quit looking. This is an exact copy from Shattuck's Book!!

"Some believe that in 1918, 200 Spandau stamped P.08s were assembled from left over parts or parts that failed proof in the desperate days before the last Great Offensive. Most Spandau P.08s are marked 1918, but as they are made up of parts that failed proof, almost any war date is conceivable. The temptation to transform a $500 Erfurt into a $20,000 Spandau may prove irresistible to the stamp and lathe jockeys. The Erfurt crown on the toggle is very similar to the supposed Spandau crown, A partially completed Erfurt toggle or the application of a welder and a Spandau stamp and viola! The rough late war finish and the assemblage of mismatched parts all conspire to conceal the sin. The National Automatic Pistol Collectors Association convention, Midland Odessa, Texas, authenticated 6 Spandau Lugers at the show. Value $20,000 to 25,000."

From actual records we know there were some .45 cal Lugers produced for the US Army tests. We also know there are just a few remaining.

The Spandau Lugers don't seem to have credible records regarding any being made. The fact that there "may" be one out there that "could" be legitimate, has to lead me to the conclusion that they are all illegitimate.

I think I would rather buy Garfield's Chrome Plated Navy with KB marks than a fake Spandau. Bill, this is not an offer!!!

Just my 2 cents worth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.