Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
There are too few transactions to setup a reliable "market price".

As a rule of thumb, Mauser Schnellfeuer, Astra 90x, and Beistagui Royal/MM are the same breeds, and their price tags are about same if condition is same on the collector market.

Fully transferrable, excellent condition original samples cost about $20,000 to $30,000 in America. Dealer samples (SOT dealer only, restricted by law) cost about $10,000 - $12,000. It is about a new Ford car's cost.

Other countries must vary. But use more common Mauser Schnell price as a reference cannot be too wrong. If Mauser is $500 in your country, MM31 in similar shape should be around $500 as well.

The price of these are also related with the prices of some SMGs. The price of MP40, US M3, Russian PPS etc. Somehow, all those are remotely related pricewise.

As you can see, the biggest factor affecting price of these category in the US is NOT item condition, but item registration. A unregistered sample has zero value,,,, actually, negative value because it causes owner big trouble. I bet the situation is similar in other countries, but in different price range. The door of registration in the US was closed in 1986, closed forever. So, this market is a walled garden today.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
A popular trap in the context is "dewat",,, a deactivated gun. How to evaluate... In the US, the key is still its registration. A registered dewat can be legally reactivated via proper "Form 1" paperwork. Well, the value is not as high as original, but still a lot of money,,, as long as it was in registry.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yes eddie. I see prices around 8000$ on the net but seems to be very high for me...My guess is around 4000$...
As a rule of thumb, Mauser Schnellfeuer, Astra 90x, and Beistagui Royal/MM are the same breeds, and their price tags are about same if condition is same on the collector market.
I think in Europe the market is a bit different as the Schnellfeures are very common and Spanish guns are pretty rare - so if you find a proper collector, you can easilly expect a double, sometimes more.
The new de-act laws in Europe butcher the guns completely which destroys their value - a Astra Model F rig with box sold recently for 1,500 EUR, which brings the value of the gun itself close to zero.
So if I was to sell in Europe - I would try countries where full auto is still legal and teh second option - having it altered by the gunsmith to remove the select fire option.
8,000 EUR looks too high for Europe for a 10-shot model. A 20-shot without stock sold at 6,200 at HH81
I would say 2,500-4,000 for the rig, depending if you manage to sell it full auto or altered.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Definitely. Excellent C&R Astra wood stock alone has at least $2k value nowadays.

Back some years ago, there was a fully transferrable Astra F with stock for sale on gunbroker for $25k. There are probably a dozen or so F's in the US NFA registration, but very rarely seeing them for sale.

===

My brother-in-law with his wife and daughter visited us last week. They live in Houston TX. It is too hot this summer so they want to escape to Canada for a vacation, and visited us in the middle. Their original plan was to rent a car driving to Arcadia ME then Canada. To everyone's surprise, car rental cost is crazy now!! So we let them driving our car to save that cost.

Money is not money nowadays.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts