Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This stacked ac over 43 P-38 is SN 9165 i marked on bbl,bbl block ( last 3), blue slide and reddish phosphate frame. It is E/359 marked twice on slide right and once on the frame left in back of the SN. What is the origin of the reddish frame? Grips that came on this one are a glossy black plastic with no numbers in any of the mold circles. Fit is ok on the sides but along the backstrap there is a noticable gap between the grip halves. I need help figuring out what I have. Comments appreciated. Thank you Bob

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
Bob....... I am far from expert on P-38s but I can tell you I have an ac 44 (in line) that sounds exactly the same. I think it is just normal for this period to have the color difference. If you can post some pictures the guys who really know P-38s should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi rwoinc,

Here is a link to pictures of my "copper colored" frame. This gun is unusual because it was made much earlier than most of the like examples. The color on your frame appears to be close to the color on mine. The color reproduction in the picture is not perfect. The color looks just like the copper windings in an electric motor or about like a new penny, only very slightly more red.

http://lmd-militaria.com/page61.html

Regards, Leon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.