Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This mag came with the holster I posted earlier today. Mag numbers do not match police holster. That would have been something to see though. I am also sorry to say that no gun came with the holster or mag.
I was not able to find to much info on the stark marked mags, other than uncommon and likely made in the 30's I was only able to come up with 6 results when using the forum search. Did I do something incorrectly? The threads were very old. Has any new information on the Stark marked mags come to light? All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
John

P5011828.JPG
P5011829.JPG
P5011830.JPG
P5011831.JPG
P5011832.JPG
P5011833.JPG

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
3,458 Posts
John,
The limited information that I have comes from the book," The Mauser Parabellum 1930 - 1946" by Hallock & van de kant. On pages 644 and 645, it gives a brief paragraph about these magazines.
Pat

Reactions: Rescue190

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
3,458 Posts
I consider it my go to book, of the small collection of Luger Books, I have.
Pat

·
Administrator
13,504 Posts
Stark magazines are not common - and likely I was on one of those older threads.
My few notes on them show them as I had one that was police. I have owned a couple, but don't own any now.
Don Hallock was an expert on magazines, so likely anything stated in The Mauser Parabellum is likely right :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not have that book. Bender has one sentence on Stark Mags and I could not find any references in three other books. I thought maybe Lugers at Random might of had something as well. The Luger book also had a small reference thinking they were made by Haenel with additional reinforcement applied to the mag with Stark meaning strong. The date range was only for Haenel 1925-1933. I thought I also read in Bender's book that Stark mags were made 1929-1931.
John

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
3,458 Posts
John,
The information in the Mauser Book is very similar. It did say that all stark marked mags showed indications of police use and that none had a letter suffix.
Pat

Reactions: Rescue190
1 - 8 of 8 Posts