Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Presented here is the first German Pistol in Cal. 22 l.f.B. ever produced. This Stock pistol was manufactured since autumn 1924 with different barrel length. Shown is the longest barrel version.

It is a very rare item.

Fritz

Attachments

· Banned
575 Posts
Hello Fritz,

I also have one in my collection with the same length barrel - with an original instruction manual.

Agreed, it is a very rare item, which probably started the fashion of target shooting in semi-automatic, even before Walther introduced their M1926 pistol.

Best wishes,
Albert

· Registered
682 Posts
I have also one with the same barrel length (190mm), there is also a another variation with a 140mm barrel. My .22LR Stock has SN 712- @Fritz: your gun has SN 710- correct? @Albert: what SN has your gun?

As I know the Stock was the first German .22LR pistol. According the an article in Der Waffenschmied from 10th January 1926 this gun was already used (as a prototype?) in a shooting club in Berlin in the winter of 1923/24, but came on the market late in 1924.

I suppose, not more that 1000 Stock pistols caliber .22LR were made - as Fritz has already said: a very rare bird.

Alexander

· Registered
14 Posts
RIA has one at auction, horrible condition, (imo), est price $1500-$2500. #34481 "Statements attributed by the consignor to Warren Buxton and Lew Curtis declare this pistol the highest known surviving Stock pistol in the Third Model serial range of 34493-34572, one of only 250 made, and the only known long barreled Third Model pistol. With extra magazine." My question: With a serial of #34481.. it is not in the range of third model pistols? (34493-34572) And I have a .22 target model #345XX. So much for the only known long barreled Third Model pistol. I guess? Sure would like the extra mag, or the owners manual! I know where one is in Finland, with a shoulder stock as well, 350 euros? Not importable I hear.

· Registered
35 Posts
RIA has one at auction, horrible condition, (imo), est price $1500-$2500. #34481
I suppose we can't all have the hundred year old pistols that remain in untouched condition 😆

Trigger Air gun Finger Wood Revolver
Hand Finger Gadget Air gun Trigger

I paid $1410 bundled with a fairly nice Colt target revolver that's probably worth about half that amount.
Other than the finish being mostly patina and the left grip screw being a little chewed up it looks pretty good to me. I haven't fired it but it leaves a dent in a snap cap when I pull the trigger and extracts it with I pull back the slide. So mechanically it's doing better than quite a few of the old guns I've bought.

· Registered
35 Posts
Hand Finger Gesture Thumb Everyday carry
Air gun Finger Trigger Material property Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Musical instrument Gun accessory

And since there's already one in this thread I'll post my Romerwerk Romer. Sadly the long barrel isn't number matching (1047 vs 740 on everything else). This one I have fired and it worked pretty well!

If anybody has the rifle barrel they're willing to part with for a not-absurd price I'd be very interested in acquiring one. One sold on Gunbroker along with a frame for $750 about a month before I bought this. I tried to track down the guy who bought it but he didn't respond.

· Registered
2,168 Posts
May I ask for a close up of the gold medallion in the grip? Some very cool and seldom seen pistols you have there!

· Registered
35 Posts
Communication Device Gadget Audio equipment Electronic device Font

Here's a conversation from 2018 where someone was asking about a medallion in the left grip of their 7.65 Franz Stock so it's either a factory thing or someone did it to more than one gun. It looks well enough done that I would guess it's factory.

They call it a gryphon but mine looks more like a falcon to me. Their picture is not very good so it's possible their medallion is not the same as mine.

· Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Mine. The story goes that Franz wanted to give Free Pistol shooters the ability fit more practice in so he, seeing the development of semi .22'2 in the US sponsored development in his company.

• Love
Reactions: BRING_GUNS

· Registered
35 Posts
I would love to get my hands on one of the short barreled Franz Stock .22 practice pistols but I've never seen evidence of one in the US. I did see one sell in a Hermann Historica auction last year but I'm sure it wouldn't be legal to import. I don't really go to gun shows though so maybe there's some floating around. Has anyone ever seen one?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts