Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1916 luger, all matching and in good order.
I stored it and when I opened the sealed box found out it wasn't as sealed as advertised.
Some surface rust on side.
Problem is now I can not cock it, can not slide the barrel assembly bad to dis-assemble and have tried "nut buster" spray but still will not move.
Was wondering if someone had an idea/solution?
It is original and handed down from my great uncle who was in WW1. Sure would like to get it back in operation.

Really appreciate any advice!

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
put the barrel against the table (vertically) and lean on (the Luger) it...Bill

·
2,570 Posts
First you have to verify it's unloaded.

Take the grips off and soak it in a penetrating oil to start to soften things. Kroil or something similar.

use care when removing the left grip not to chip it up by the safety lever. Tap it gently with wood to dislodge moving parts.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
First thing that occurred to me......It's a 1916. It may still have the longer sear bar intact.
If it does, and the safety is on, then it won't open.
Make sure the safety is not engaged.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
First thing that occurred to me......It's a 1916. It may still have the longer sear bar intact.
If it does, and the safety is on, then it won't open. Make sure the safety is not engaged.
That is an excellent point and very true. Hopefully that's all that's wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the grips off and have applied penetrating oil, I will set up a can and soak it. I did make sure the safety was off.
Appreciate the recommendations and hopefully it can get it back in working order :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts