Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Ok, add warming to my attempts to move the barrel slide... didn't change anything, still solidly "stuck".
Anyone work with Wright guns in AZ? They were recommended as a possible source for repair.
Thanks

If you are intent on sending the pistol to someone you might want to consider the best Luger problem solver I know of . Gerald Tomek of Phoenix AZ. He is a long time member and will solve your delimma.

GERALD (GT) L Tomek <gctomeks@msn.com>

Discussion starter · #46 ·
So, as I posted, after many tries I was able to get the gun disassembled. I deep cleaned it, re-assembled and hope to take it to the range next week! rust on the left side rails.
A BIG BIG thanks to Gerald Tomek for his expert guidance and right on diagnosis as well as detailed steps for me to work on my Luger.
Many thanks to him and to all who provided information! Brown Wood Automotive exterior Metal Auto part

As Jerry said, you couldnt have gone anywhere better for a resolution for your Luger issue. GT has been an amazing friend to me as I got started with my Luger collecting. Can’t say enough good things about him. And then I could start talking about his quality of work for about as long as that. He has sold me a shooter, repro drum+loader, and fixed 2 of my magazines..one had looked so bad that other members didn’t think it could be saved.

I have a very old & wise friend here in Yuma. He constantly reminds me not to SAY cheap *** words like A BIG BIG thanks. You don't SAY appreciation, you SHOW appreciation. But not everyone is old & wise.

Discussion starter · #53 ·
I have a very old & wise friend here in Yuma. He constantly reminds me not to SAY cheap *** words like A BIG BIG thanks. You don't SAY appreciation, you SHOW appreciation. But not everyone is old & wise.
I offered, he refused saying he just wants to help. However I am sure a menehune will drop by his home one day soon :cool:

Menehune are a mythological dwarf people in Hawaiian tradition who are said to live in the deep forests and hidden valleys of the Hawaiian Islands, hidden and far away from human settlements.. The Menehune are described as superb craftspeople. They built temples (), fishponds, roads, canoes, and houses.Some of these structures that Hawaiian folklore attributed to the Menehune still exist.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
So. I am curious, how did you get it unlocked?
Soaked the gun in 5W oil for 3-4 days. Tapped the barrel until it moved enough to take out the pin and then tapped it off the rail. I say tapped but there were many hard whacks with hard wood dowels to get it to move...MANY. Added oil to the area about every 4-5 whacks.
Gerald was right on with what to do.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Soaked the gun in 5W oil for 3-4 days. Tapped the barrel until it moved enough to take out the pin and then tapped it off the rail. I say tapped but there were many hard whacks with hard wood dowels to get it to move...MANY. Added oil to the area about every 4-5 whacks.
Finally took it out today, really works good! Wow, 105 years old and works great... hope I can do that.Yea right!..

Finally took it out today, really works good! Wow, 105 years old and works great... hope I can do that.Yea right!..
It's great you got her out and going again. Early in the thread you said it was stored in a sealed box? just curious how it was stored to try to avoid these issues (rust). Was it cleaned before storage? I'm a bit ocd on not letting firearms deteriorating on my watch. (This is not intended as a attack on how it was stored, most of us try to take good care of our stuff but still make mistakes)

The best, and cheapest, investment is to buy a humidity meter. They are available for under $10 these days. Keep humidity levels around and below 50%.

It depends on the storage area, but a decent dehumidifier works well.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.