Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer I got my sauer 38H from told me the guy he got the pistol from came in the other day. With him he brouyght the original holster in for it. They found it. YES!!! It is the brown colored one and he said it has seom stamps in it. NS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, its sitting at the shop waiting on me(big grin). The only thing that puzzles me about it is that it is the brownish tan version and my sauer has military proofs. Is this the norm?? It really does not matter as I also have a original black version to. Thanks again, NS

·
Silver Bullet Member
323 Posts
Military marked (E/37) Saurer's were issued to the Luftwaffe AND the Heer. Luftwaffe holsters were brown. I have two Sauers in my collection that came with original brown jhg 42 holsters. The Luftwaffe supposedly prefered the smaller 7.65 pistols, due to their size.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, thanks for the info. So at least I now know it was carried by someone in the luftwaffe. Thanks for the info. NEAT!!NS

·
Registered
197 Posts
Older collectors have observed that vet bring backs often came home in the "wrong" holster. Some examples I encountered include a 38H in a PPK holster, a Nazi marked MAB D in a 1917 dated Mauser holster, Lugers in P38 holsters,etc etc etc. We collectors have been "fixing" these "mistakes" for at least two generations. The question is: Did the Germans do this mix-up around the end of the war or was this something the GI's did as they collected these pistols to take home?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.