Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the Gun Collectors Show that Glen told me about, lots of SSA's, and I was surprised at how many Lugers I saw, must have been at least 20, but all were over 1k each. Saw lots of WW2 era, saw a few imperial, but few weimar era.

I saw a scattering of T-14's, one Papa for $1200 in a T-14 holster. At Wallys table (some guys know him from Reno), he had his usual items of WW2, a few P38's, couple of Lugers, and several Papa's, T-14's and three T-94's. I asked him if he had an holsters, to tell the truth, I assumed they looked like a T-14 holster! Have always wanted one, and while in Austin last week, Bob T had an extra copy of Hand Cannons of Japan, and he was willing to part with it and this spurred my interest to pick one up.

Download Attachment: Dsc00483.jpg
118.53 KB

Download Attachment: Dsc00480.jpg
63.44 KB

Download Attachment: Dsc00479b.jpg
52.47 KB

As you can see, it is a June 1944 pistol (19.6)
Download Attachment: Dsc00482.jpg
77.55 KB

Download Attachment: Dsc00486.jpg
28.73KB

The holster is made from pigskin, and is from about a year before the pistol.
Download Attachment: Dsc00473.jpg
116.54 KB

Download Attachment: Dsc00476.jpg
143.88 KB

Download Attachment: Dsc00478.jpg
97.91 KB

Download Attachment: Dsc00477.jpg
80.2 KB

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,454 Posts
Ed, really nice layout! Interesting holster and unusual pistol, out of my area but I wonder if ammunition for this is available? Not that you would shoot it ....Jerry Burney

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks gentlemen, apprecaite the kind words.

I have about 70 Midway rounds, and actually thought about taking it to your house and popping some caps, along with my T-14. You can buy reloaded ammo, made from 10mm (if I remember right), for about what 30 luger costs, maybe a bit more. I also have 5 or 6 original rounds I bought years ago (won't shoot them).

Ed

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,454 Posts
Ed, When I get back from Houston we HAVE to get together down here and have some fun. Have a good drive to El Paso! Jerry Burney

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,704 Posts
Nice rig Ed!! You have to have really small hands to get a good grip on that pistol. Old Western Scrounger sells his own brand of 8mm Nambu for about $42.00 a box!! The Midway stuff you have is becoming a collectors item since it isn't made anymore. 41 colt cartridges make very good cases and you can even use 38 acp cases but they split sometimes. I bought about 500 cases form Huntington made by Federal years ago and I understand that Hornady is loading the ammo again in Federal cases for reasonable prices!! Have fun shooting it with Jerry....but watch that external sear ;))

Dave

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ed,
Is this one of those Japanese Kempetai Police pistols imported by the Weimar Police??, or are you off on a new collecting tangent?? Just kidding. That's a nice rig and I too have found that there are usually some pretty interesting items on Wally's table and his prices are fair. I picked up a 99% all matching 12.10 dated T-14 from him in Phoenix last year for peanuts compared to Luger prices. Come to think of it, Wally's Luger prices aren't out of the world, yet.
Lyn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.