Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
466 Posts
They are out there...not the first one I've seen for sale at Legacy or on GB recently. I don;'t think their price is terribly off the mark.

· Registered
425 Posts
10-04 on identifying & confirming that the 2 Magazines match not only in #, but also in their Inspection mkgs. As said above, that's an extremely important point if you're intending to pay good money for it. The 'Spare' Magazine will of course be designated by a 'dot' above the #. And, although relatively uncommon, when our Troops landed in Japan shortly after the Surrender, many such apparently unissued T-14 & perhaps T-94 Rigs also were reported to have been found, just waiting in various Arsenals for our Guys to send or take home. Unfortunately I can't recall off the top of my head exactly where I read that, but after encountering numerous seemingly 'unissued' Rigs over the years tends to bear this out at least IMHO ? However, 'your' 14 is of 1938 production, which I feel tends to make it even more desirable.

Best, Dom P

· Administrator
17,036 Posts
I'd agree with the above. I'd say that 2 matching mags is less common than a police luger (which is more common than an army luger).
I've seen them here and there, usually in a collection or a site like Tom's.

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at both magazines. The inspection marks are the same, a v or u looking japanese character and there is a dot above the serial number on only one mag. The owner says he got it from a Navy Corpsman that was in the Phillipines, don't know wasn't there myself. Extra firing pin also matches gun. So is $2200.00 too much for this? It in 95% condition with matching grips too. A great Japanese leather holster and cleaning rod. Don't have a Nambu yet. Also I think this was made during the war it has a large trigger guard.

· Registered
1,775 Posts
I looked at both magazines. The inspection marks are the same, a v or u looking japanese character and there is a dot above the serial number on only one mag. The owner says he got it from a Navy Corpsman that was in the Phillipines, don't know wasn't there myself. Extra firing pin also matches gun. So is $2200.00 too much for this? It in 95% condition with matching grips too. A great Japanese leather holster and cleaning rod. Don't have a Nambu yet. Also I think this was made during the war it has a large trigger guard.
This is not a crazy price for a rig as described. You won't find many others in your lifetime, and if you do, they will cost a lot.

I have learned over the years that If I don't buy something that I want, someone else will buy it, and I won't have it.

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is not a crazy price for a rig as described. You won't find many others in your lifetime, and if you do, they will cost a lot.

I have learned over the years that If I don't buy something that I want, someone else will buy it, and I won't have it.
I love your quote, I'm going to buy it. I just needed some warm fuzzies about this.

· Registered
132 Posts
Not very common to find two matching mags. Need to verify that they actually do match and not just number match. The same number repeats every 1000 guns so inspection stamps become important.
John
Completely agree with Rescue190 on the verification of matching mag as being the correct mag type and having the correct inspection marks in addition to the serial number for the pistol. The two original mags for the pistol should be identical in appearance, like two peas in a pod, with one mag having the "dot" to indicate the second spare mag.

- tge

· Registered
22 Posts
They are out there...not the first one I've seen for sale at Legacy or on GB recently. I don;'t think their price is terribly off the mark.

This is a perfect example of a "rig" that IS NOT two matching magazines. One mag is TO proofed, the other is JYO.

Two to three years ago, before all the free money was being passed out, a rig as described by the OP was $1250-$1500. Still overpriced at $2200, but the extra striker being matching as well is a big plus.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts