Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the board and digital photography. I am having trouble taking clear photos that show all of the details of my lugers. Would appreciate any suggestions anyone would have concerning how to produce clear detailed pictures for the board. I have a 4 meg Pentax camera.

·
Administrator
15,090 Posts
Norm, I am still learning my camera; but several things are very important.

Lighting, lots of it, without glare. Outside sunny lighting works well.

Now, do your "normal", i.e. non-close up pictures turn out nice? If so, then you need to figure out the right way to do closeups. Ensure that either it can focus on the item, or that it has a macro that helps to focus.

It is a difficult thing to take nice close ups.

Practice is important.

Ed

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Norm,

I would say the place to start is to have a large space to work in and enough even light so that your flash does not flash. Take pictures of your overall gun. Use the greatest resolution and largest file size your camera allows. Once you have mastered this you can effectively start to photograph different angles and closeup details.

Use a tripod, or some other kind of camera stand, if possible. Also, if your camera allows it, use a cable release to trip the shutter--failing that, use the camera's self-timer. Try to avoid using your finger to trip the shutter.

If appropriate software did not come with your camera, pick up an inexpensive software pachage which will allow you to resize and crop your photos, and convert to different file formats. When you change image size, always reduce the picture, -never- enlarge. If you enlarge you will always lose detail. If details are not clear enough, large enough, move the camera closer to the subject.

--Dwight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.