Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hanging around this site for about a year. I started as a total, complete beginner knowing nothing about Lugers, except that I liked them and wanted one.

Now I read posts that ask questions that just make me smile, like the one where the guy asked if the "geladen" on his pistol was a sub-contractor's name. I remember when I might have asked that! More importantly than having learned a lot, is the knowledge that there is so much I still have to learn. Real knowledge is becoming aware of how much you still don't know. For that gift, I thank all of you who have given me many many hours of pleasure.

Augie

·
Platinum Bullet Member
75 Posts
Augie,
I second your comments on this forum. It definitely is a fine group of Luger admirers. I was trying to find the reason for the Luger fascination. It may be based on German over-design, turning a simple
solution into a master piece of sequentially moving parts. In essence, it's a piece of art work. So ..... Luger groupies let's keep it up.

Rudy

·
Registered
594 Posts
Augie -

If you have not yet done so, strongly suggest you buy one or more of Mr. Still's Luger books to supplement information gleaned from this forum. I have owned "Imperial Lugers" for 3 years and still use it as my primary reference. "Lugers at Randon" by Kenyon is also helpful.

Luke

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Hi Augie,

I am not exactly a charter member of the forums. I just have a big mouth and have bugged the crap out of some of the "old guys"(like ED), with questions on top of questions. I joined because I was starting out late in life knowing very little, but wanted to learn as much as I could as fast as I could. The knowledge I have accrued has helped me help other newcomers and aquire some nice and rare pistols. I enjoy it. And have made a lot of good friends in the process (and possibly a few enemies). I have had the pleasure of meeting some of the foremost Luger experts in the world.

I just wanted to take the liberty of saying, You are welcome on behalf of the other members. Get involved and ask questions. They stimulate conversations and debates that help us all learn and understand more about this obsession.

I will butt out now! Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.