Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,083 Posts
I seem to recall a few years back the photos of the holster posted here on the forum. Wish I could find them.
Put Pete to work on it.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Thanks for resurrecting that thread Mike. I knew I had seen it some time ago.
Ron

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Mike thank you for all the research you done and also posting it!
Happy Hunting
Peter

·
Moderator - Diamond Bullet Member
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Mike thank you for all the research you done and also posting it!
Happy Hunting
Peter
Thanks Peter, but all the research credit must go to Hans Reckendorf, ​Heinrich Harder and Jens Alles.

·
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A holster to complete the rig

The accessorizing continues! Yesterday I finally got a holster to go with my Prussian Navy Colt Revolver.

This German made holster is actually the first model holster used by the German Navy. Previous pistols, like my M1849 in this thread, were worn using a belt hook rather than in a holster.

This one is the correct one for the KM Colt. The next German Navy pistol, the M1869, used an almost identical one. The only difference is a deeper "U" for the trigger guard of the M1869.

IMG_1344 sm.JPG IMG_1345 sm.JPG IMG_1347 sm.JPG IMG_1349 sm.JPG

·
Registered
51 Posts
I found this thread researching my colt i bought at a local gun shop several years ago. --- serial no. 30920 --- KM 187 good condition, all matching numbers. ---- best regards, Bill

·
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I found this thread researching my colt i bought at a local gun shop several years ago. --- serial no. 30920 --- KM 187 good condition, all matching numbers. ---- best regards, Bill
Congratulations on owning a rare revolver with a fascinating history. If you get interested in finding a holster, make sure it is for the 1851 Colt and not the later M1869 Navy Revolver. The two holsters are the same design, and dealers, auction houses and collectors often confuse the two. The correct one for your revolver is slightly smaller than the 1869 holster. The easiest way to tell them apart is the much deeper trigger guard opening in the 1869 holster.

Here are side-by-side photos where you can see the difference:

IMG_0860.JPG IMG_0864.JPG

The correct one for your Colt is on the left in both photos.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts