Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum ,
I got myself into quite a pickle with these grips. I bought them here on the forum. After having them for about five days I determined that they, in my opinion, are reproductions. Although they are Bakelite, which threw me off the track a little bit. I tried to return them to the seller, but he was not interested in that. As most you know I collect 1941 guns and accessories. I was thrilled to get another set of grips. I’m going to show you pictures of these . Please anyone that has interest, comment on whether or not you believe them to be authentic. I will give you all of my comments on why I believe they are not , and also show you a real pair of the same type later in this thread .
Here are some links and the grips in question

These are posts from the seller:

Grey Pattern Font Denim Monochrome

Wood Grey Font Artifact Monochrome photography

Black Grey Automotive tire Road surface Black-and-white

Gesture Grey Font Pattern Monochrome

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Never studied these in much detail.
I took some shots of the grips that are on my Portuguese pistol, 5012m.

Leg Human body Font Undergarment Foot

Auto part Personal protective equipment Automotive exterior Metal Font

• Love
Reactions: Jason S L

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hello forum ,
I got myself into quite a pickle with these grips. I bought them here on the forum. After having them for about five days I determined that they, in my opinion, are reproductions. Although they are Bakelite, which threw me off the track a little bit. I tried to return them to the seller, but he was not interested in that. As most you know I collect 1941 guns and accessories. I was thrilled to get another set of grips. I’m going to show you pictures of these . Please anyone that has interest, comment on whether or not you believe them to be authentic. I will give you all of my comments on why I believe they are not , and also show you a real pair of the same type later in this thread .
Here are some links and the grips in question

These are posts from the seller:

View attachment 677562
View attachment 677563
View attachment 677564
View attachment 677565
Talk to Taudelt (David Molchen) and ask him if they look authentic...he is the "guru" on these "Bakelite" grips, Jason...Send him a personal message...

Edward

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
There were repro bakelite grips coming out of Ukraine. They also did HSc grips. Availability may be an issue under current circumstances.

·
Administrator
15,235 Posts
Did you do the hot pin test on them?
I am pretty sure this was the original seller;

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you do the hot pin test on them?
The previous owner of the grips did do the hot pin test and according to him they passed. I can see on the internal panel of the grips where they were tested. I can tell they are Bakelite just from the sound they make when I tap them together gently. You can see the two marks where the test was applied.
Plant Branch Organism Style Black-and-white

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The first issue I had with them was this raised lip to the screw hole . I have 7 or 8 good sets of grips, and the lip of the screw hole is inverted on those . It’s a pronounced raised ridge ,and filed down on the right panel . I don’t like this
Grey Personal protective equipment Font Fashion accessory Auto part

Tool Grey Hand tool Revolver Gun accessory

Automotive tire Grey Motor vehicle Automotive design Asphalt

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The next thing I observed was the screw holes . They were kind of threaded ….. I would say meh at best . You can make a couple lines out but not good threads . They were filled with new grease . A lot of grease . I don’t like this
Black Wood Organism Automotive tire Grey

Wood Grey Black-and-white Automotive tire Tints and shades

Automotive tire Black Wood Grey Trunk

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The next thing I observed was the diamond pattern on the front . It wasn’t worn ….. it was a weird mold . I definitely don’t like that . The diamonds are not crisp
Textile Sleeve Automotive tire Grey Asphalt

1 - 20 of 37 Posts