Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To date the lower serial number that I was able to find was #17.

The pistol carries some features that are shown on the pistol shown on the early instruction manual (Loewe) and on the patent drawings only.

Serial #19 that I came across recently does no longer shows these particulars.

Is there someone here that is aware of a serial number somewhere that is below 17?

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Actually there are several. I have recorded three prototype examples, Two with no serial number and one numbered "00". Then there are the preproduction examples, the lowest serial number for that group is "3" and the highest is "28". The #3 example is marked "Budapest Waffenfabrik" over the chamber. The #17 that you list is actually a preproduction gun and was shown in an issue of Deutches Waffen Journal. Finally, of the actual start of production pieces, the lowest serial number I have recorded is "2" with "19" being the next in line.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I seem to remember Ralph Shattuck with a number 8 in a short barrel at some long ago gun show.

Wish I still owned my old number 87, cased with ALL accessories.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Douglas,
There are a number of minor differences, but the most noticeable one is the lack of a "rib" over the sear bar that would preclude accidentally depressing it and discharging the weapon.

Howard,
Ralph's gun was a preproduction piece that had no stock lug and a 157mm barrel. I have you owning #87 in 1980 and it subsequently was reported in Germany in 1990. I really do carefully track these wonderful guns to the best of my ability. I once owned #72, but it went to a good home!:)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Ron:
Is the Shattuck gun the cased example he was showcasing at shows around 10 years ago?
Jim

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Jim,
It could have been, but I think that was another gun. The #8 was reported around 15 years ago in Germany and was not reported as cased.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts