Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day:
I have an occupation-produced FN Browning 1922 WaA103 that is malfunctioning as follows:
At one time, it will shoot a magazine full with no problems. Next time, with perhaps 5 or 6 rounds in the magazine, the first round will not detonate (weak firing pin blow). The next time, the first round will fire, and the next will not (same problem).
Also - after the malfunction, with the magazine out of the gun, the slide will not retract far enough to eject the live cartidge (about half of the bullet is in the chamber). At any other time, with the magazine removed, a live round is easily ejected ( the slide retracts far enough.)
Any ideas appreciated.
J. Towne

·
Registered
128 Posts
Replace the firing pin spring. As far as the failure to eject with the magazine out, I just went and grabbed one of mine at random and got the French Navy pistol. I put a snap-cap into it and removed the magazine. It won't eject the snap-cap without the magazine. I haven't had time to analyze why exactly these pistols won't eject without the magazine but I'd have to guess there is nothing wrong with your pistol.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the results of further experimentation, for what they are worth. I measured slide retraction distance at the front of the ejection port. `No go' means it will not clear the extractor cut at the barrel breech. `Go' means slide retracts fully to cock the striker spring.

I. MAGAZINE IN GUN
Uncocked
a. grip safety out - no go
b. grip safety in - go
Cocked
a. g.s. out - go
b. g.s. in - go

II. MAGAZINE OUT OF GUN
Uncocked
a. g.s. out - no go
b. g.s. in - g.s. will not depress without mag. in gun, so no go
Cocked
a. g.s. out - go
b. g.s. in - go

Regards,
J. Towne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.