1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I like the gun but the matching numbered mag looks suspiciously nice. Does anyone else think it may have been renumbered/forced matched? Thanks.
Tim H.

Reactions: lugerholsterrepair

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tim,
On first inspection I thought as you did, but when I took a close look at the magazine base I saw that it had the early and rare 3 lobe crown C/M mark like the one below. I'm a believer!
Norm
Household hardware Gas Metal Auto part Titanium

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
And it's only $600!!!! I'm in.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Honestly, Norm, I usually agree with you, but...altho the number fonts look correct the bottom of the wood base looks scrubbed and with almost no dings - hardly a scratch. The fonts are in perfect shape. That's extraordinary for a 110 year old mag. I agree it's an early mag but it could still be scrubbed. I guess it's the kind of thing that you have to have in hand to determine originality. Then again, maybe I'm just paranoid because of so many fakes.
Regards,
Tim H.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes, Tim I see what you're saying the mag does appear crisp and clean but the rest of the pistol looks great. Let's see what it sells for.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Do you think the blueing in some areas looks lighter blue, almost like a cold blue? .... Or is it glare from the lighting?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
any guesses?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
No pictures of the front grip strap. Rest of the pictures are subpar. Sold AS IS…
I am not a player on this one.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Also states: All items won have a three (3) day inspection period from the time you receive the item.

·
Moderator - Diamond Bullet Member
German Navy 1848 -1918
2,702 Posts
For what it's worth, I also suspect the mag is force matched.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts