Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now here it is, actualy it is not a "Ruby", it is stamped "DESTROYER"
It came with one spare mag and a [SA] stamped holster. The pistol itself is not [SA] stamped.
The assembling numbers on all the major parts match, the barrel is a little frostet, but has sharp lands.
So far it functions good, but have not tested for acuracy.

Download Attachment: Resize of Ruby M19 Destroyer.jpg
96.25KB

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Can I have some explain about SA :
Those pistol where built by Spain for the french forces in 1915 because handgun penury.There's about seven or eight manufacture ;

This pistol seems to be same ,and there's some dif. between alls models ,so the mag are proper to the pistol-manu. some with 7 other with 8 or 9 rounds.

Alls where in 32 ACP and go with same holster.
In France the collectors call them "RUBY" all models mixed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
LU1900
In July of 1919 and just after Finland gained it's independence from Russian the Finnish army ( Finnish army ownership marking is [SA] ) purchased 10,000 of these cheap little pistols from France.

BTW I am looking for and [SA] stamped version of one of these little cuties to fill a hole in my Finnish collection.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would also like to have one with the SA stamp, but I am happy with this one.
It came out of Finnland, is worn an shoots great! Maybe it missed the SA stamping like two of my M27 did.
Maybe i will find a SA marked someday, Finnland is not that far away and importing is easy.

Was at the range today.
The POI is 4" low and 4" right at 25 meters, but goups are good.
It not as finely maschined as a Luger or a C96 but it served its purpose:)))))

Chris

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
So if I understand well it's like for the stock from LP : the Finland purchase them and adds [SA] on the stock for their own lugers.
Thanks for this info new for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Greetings All,

Unfortunately, I can't help any of you get an SA marked gun, but if anyone is interested in SA marked Ruby mags, I have a source in Finland where I can obtain them. Would be happy to put a group order together if anyone is interested.

Tom Jr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.