Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently obtined this T14 slabside. It has no wear, internally or externally. The gun really looks like it has never been fired. It was built in April, '45. The finish work on the exterior is fairly rough, little polishing, etc but the interior parts are MUCH better than I expected for this late a Nambu. They are as well made and polished as any earlier gun I've seen. One question though, The magazine disconnect is not functioning and I wonder if at this late date they were leaving them out to cut production times even more?

Download Attachment: T14Nambu-1.jpg
95.18KB

· Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,556 Posts
Thomas, Welcome to the Forum...By not functioning do you mean the button will not pop back out? Perhaps a spring is broken or missing. Something about it must be functioning or the mag would not stay in the pistol. What does it do or not do? Jerry Burney

· Silver Bullet Member
1,704 Posts
Tom,
When the mag. is removed, do you see a little arm stiching down behind the trigger? That is the mag safety (Disconector). If not, it might have been removed!! I hope this is what you mean by mag disconector.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"do you see a little arm stiching down behind the trigger?"
Yes, that is what I'm talking about. My pistol does not have the mag safety. I was wondering if it was left out of other late pistols as an expediency move that late in the war.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.