Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the course of examining my newly purchased 1918 Erfurt #6423m, I noticed a large amount of wheel bearing grease in and around the breech block. I tooth brushed this section w/Hoppes #9. When I went to clean the blackish mess off the firing pin, I found out why it was there. Camouflage.........the firing pin lug has been broken off and silver soldered back poorly........Is there anyone in the whole wide world that can fix this properly now????????? Are there any #23 Erfurt proofed firing pins out there (or a parts condition gun for that matter????????). Unmarked Erfurt finish firing pin????? How about Erfurt proofed grip screws in nice condition????I have a request in to Tom Heller but am rushing ahead just in case........

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
PJ,

If your seller has a 3-day inspection period, this is just the reason to return this gun if the repaired firing pin condition was not brought up or asked about.

The "don't ask, don't tell" policy used by many sellers gets very tiresome and a written 3-day inspection, no questions asked policy is the only way to go.

·
Registered
594 Posts
PJ,

If you should decide to keep the Luger, one of our members, "Policeluger," is expert at repairing parts like this. He just repaired a mangled takedown lever which was original to my 1918DWM and it came out looking good. An earlier abortive attempt to repair my takedown with silver solder left it looking pretty bad before "policeluger" repaired it.

Best of luck with your efforts.
Luke

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am on extended return priviledge, I am ok w/proper repair which the seller promised. I feel the seller was unaware of this situation as I have dealt with him on previous occasion and we have a level of raport. I am not uncomfortable as is and I would really like to keep the gun. I will certainly pass along the comment about the Policelugers ability. In fact, if you can supply contact for me to Policeluger, I would like to discuss possibilities w/him..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.