Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have disassembled, cleaned, reblued and replaced the frame on a 1915 DWM PO8 and the trigger will not work. The sear is not being depressed enough by the trigger bar to disengage the firing pin. If I remove the side plate after cocking the action I can get the firing pin to work by manually depressing the bar on the sear. What am I doing wrong and is there an adjustment.
Thank you, Craig

·
Registered
80 Posts
Craig, as it was explained to me. You remove the sear bar and gently "tweak" it in or out to fine adjust the sear. In your case you would want to move the front of the sear bar out (away) from the gun. This might correct your problem, it did for me.
Doug

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Craig, try putting pressure on the side plate with your thumb. If the trigger works, then the side plate is loose or does not fit correctly. The side plate catch may also not fit snug enough. Apart from this, Doug´s advice sounds good.
Patrick

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, gentlemen for the advice. I will try to tweak the side plate first to see what happens, if unsuccessful I'll give the sear bar a look although ,that peice is pretty substantial to bend to any degree. I'll let you know of my progress.
All the Best, Craig

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to thank my friends for the excellent advice for correcting my trigger problem. I did all of the items mentioned and honed the sear and firing pin contact edges and it works like a charm.
Thanks again, Craig

·
Registered
34 Posts
Doug,
what did you use or how did you bend the sear bar ? I too am having a little problem but, I'm reluctant to bend the sear. I was thinking the trigger lever might bend a little, but it looks like might break if I try and bend it.

thanks for your help,
Jim

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wrapped the sear bar in thin leather up to the mid point where the cut out is for the side rail rocker bar. then I carefully tapped on the reciever side of the sear bar to move the forward part of the bar[ the end with the retracting plunger that contacts the trigger bar] toward the trigger bar. The metal is alot softer than I anticipated, much like the side plate tang. I was fearful at first but gently tapping and refitting and trial and error finally took care of the problem. The trigger bar is hardened, I think ,so trying to bend it on the side plate may result in a break. Do it a little at a time and I think you will succeed.
Good Luck, Craig

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do what Craig did. Use anyhting that will hold the sear steady. As Craig said it does not take much to tweak the sear bar. Use a small brass tap hammer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts