Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

"TRUE" Russian TT30

11K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Joda 
#1 · (Edited)
"TRUE" Russian Tokarev TT30

Hello everyone,
What is "TRUE" Russian TT30 ? recently I have lots of questions about this. Fred A.Datig in his book "Soviet Russian Tokarev "TT" on page 39 and 40., very clear stated : 1932 & 1933 years of production ( total 7785 guns) is "TRUE" TT30. All other two years 1934 and 1935 , First and Second Transitional Variations. Early 1934 production of TT30 have only one different from "TRUE" TT30 -Type of barrel whose locking lugs (grooves) encompass the entire circumference of the barrel. Late production of 1934 TT30 have second difference -Hammer group change from wide to narrow frame side. And last black plastic grips don't have 4-dots.
Resantly , I have the opportunity to make few pictures of TT30, top 1933, middle is Early production 1934, bottom Late production 1934. all guns have matching numbers.
Will be interesting to see when in 1934 hummer group change, I would like to ask 1934 Tokarev guns owner report about number of the gun and type of hummer. Thank you.

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·

Attachments

#15 ·
Very interesting example! Thank you for sharing!

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting pistol. Thanks for posting the photo.

If production began I/VIII 1933 (August 1, 1933?), then how do the 1932 dated TT30s fit into the story? The highest 1932 dated pistol I have noted is 121: https://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?77122-Thread-Hammer-Assembly-1932-TT-30-vs-1933-TT-30
Maybe the 1932 pistols were considered pre-production?

Marc
I googled and found this photo. Anyone knows if this 1932 TT is located inside the US?

- - - Updated - - -

According to D. N. Bolotin's book, TT system test production may start in 1929.

#17 ·
I am sure quite a lot info in his book is out of date. However, the 2nd half of his book Советское стрелковое оружие за 50 лет is still very interesting, as it talks about lots of small arms collected in the Military Historical Museum of Artillery Engineering and Communication/Signal Troops.

#22 ·
Nice transition example!
It should be called a TT-34
They are supposed to be rare.
It was in poor condition, but it had a matching magazine - sort of - the 4th digit looked very odd.
$588 seems like a fair value for it.

#24 ·
Prices are not comparable in Europe and the US, especially for TTs, which cannot be easily imported. I posted the link since I could not find a reference on when the hammer group changed. It seems to be a quite early 2nd transitional model so it might be interesting. I think it is a German bringback. I did not buy it, however.