Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I never added my two Unique 17s to the list.

The first is a single line legend, SN22051 with E/WaA251. Black plastic "target" grips.

Second is Two line occupation legend, SN50269 with E/WaA251. Black plastic 7.65 m/m 9 schuss grips.

Hope this helps.

Dave H.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I never added my two Unique 17s to the list.

The first is a single line legend, SN22051 with E/WaA251. Black plastic "target" grips.

Second is Two line occupation legend, SN50269 with E/WaA251. Black plastic 7.65 m/m 9 schuss grips.

Hope this helps.

Dave H.
In case anyone is still interested, I'll add mine to the list:
Single line legend, Serial #20782, WaA251. It's missing the lanyard loop and the grips are most likely replacements.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ran across one of these pistols this weekend. I've been reading back through posted info on them and I'm more confused then before I started. It is a two line marked 7.65 Court 9 Coups "Unique" over Manufacture D'ArmesDes Pypeenees Hendaye. Has a concealed hammer, black plastic grips with 7.65mm 9schuss on both sides, eagle on left side of barrel, 231 under barrel. Has lanyard loop on bottom rear left side. Now for the confusion, it has the WaA251 under the serial number which is 567145/2.

Unfortunately I didn't get a holster with it, just a partial box of ammo.

click on pic to enlarge

·
Registered
133 Posts
You have a well used Model 17 made under German Occupation that has post factory marking additions, namely the serial number has 56 added on the front end, with the 6 overstamping what I suspect was a 5, and the "/2" was added as the end. The eagle's swastika on the barrel was hit with a punch, probably by a mad Frenchman, but survived. He also removed the magazine safety, noted by the missing pin behind the trigger. Why and by whom the overstamping occurred I have no idea, have seen nothing else like it.

Your pistol has a few features that help narrow the "real" serial number to 57145. It could be 47145 but based on the features below, it does not start with a 2 or 3. After 585xx the factory switched to the Kriegsmodel.

1- It has 18 vertical serrations, found on all serials after 38xxx.
2- It has a flattened safety, found on pistols after 38xxx.
3- Low profile mag release found on all pistols after 28xxx.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
What do you think about it being 56714? When I zoom in on the number it is clear the last 5 is a different font.
The characteristic features of the gun would be correct for the serial of 56714. And I do agree that at least the /2 at the end of the number doesn't belong at all.

I think it is a mistaken extra number which was added to the serial, and the /2 was a marker to denote the serial error.

But I'm no expert! You may just have an eternal mystery, except that it is certainly an occupation production.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got one more if the info is still wanted
Unique 17
Second slide model, single line, hammerless
Waffenamft 251
Assem #55 all parts
Serial #22991
7.65 S SCHUSS grips

No import marks, vet bringback with unmarked rig (modified for German use) and spare mag.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have WaA251 s/n 20174. Internals, frame and barrel are all marked w the same “54”, so I am assuming the gun is correct and complete. I do have its plastic/Bakelite grips but it came to me with clear Sweetheart grips on it. Guessing (no proof) that the GI who brought it home fabricated these.
Appears to be 2nd variant due to single line, COURT 9 COUPS “UNIQUE”
That is a scratch, not a crack, in the grip.
I would be grateful for any opinions or help in better understanding this gun, it’s history and any thoughts on this particular piece.
More photos if they would be helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
I found one of these pistols for sale locally.I would like to know if it is a prewar or wartime pistol? The slide is marked 7.65 COURT 9 COUPS “UNIQUE” the serial number is in the 400,000 range. Thanks

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
I think it is important to know the full serial number.
What years do you consider "wartime"?
What type/markings are on the grips?

121 - 140 of 170 Posts