Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I may have the wrong pew on this, but I have a Kriegsmodell that may actually be a Modele Rr 1951. i saw a thread on this Lugerforums dealing with serial number data gathering on the Kreigsmodells, but now can't find it. My gun's serial number is 109785, no Wassen proof, exterior case-hardened hammer, backstrap bump, palm tree, and engraved name on the frame.
If this is the wrong thread for serial number gathering, please forward to the correct thread. This gun shoots well and I would like to know when it may have been manufactured. I assume it was made after WWII. Photo attached. View attachment 648955
According to Robert Adair's Unique Pistols book, your pistol is indeed the Rr, with serial ranges of 102000-114,000 and in the 115,000-400,000 ranges for a total of 13,00 pistols. Made from 1945-1951 so yours is probably later 1940's. The Palm tree stamp is the Moroccan property stamp so that is where it was at one time then exported as surplus to the US before 1968.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you Nagoya10, for responding to my post, and confirming that my Unique is an Rr 1951. Thank you for referencing Robert Adair's book "Unique Pistols" to report that, based on serial number 109785, it was manufactured 1945 - 1951. Thank you also for advising that Palm Tree stamp indicates that it was Moroccan property at one time and imported to the US before 1968.
Everything that I know about Unique pistols, I have learned in the last 7 days. I am so happy that I found this Lugerforums website, with the wealth of information and interested collectors that contribute to the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, my name is Jorge (Spain) and I would need help about my unique 17 pistol with serial number 77568, I would like to know if it was manufactured during the German occupation in WW2 or was it after this event. greetings and thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello, my name is Jorge (Spain) and I would need help about my unique 17 pistol with serial number 77568, I would like to know if it was manufactured during the German occupation in WW2 or was it after this event. greetings and thanks
According to Bob Adair’s Unique Pistols page 142 the Nazi Occupation serial range for Unique model 17 pistols was from roughly 20,000 - 57,000. After that they switched to the Kriegsmodell. Kriegsmodell production ran from about 57,000-77,000 but if yours is a model 17 and not a Kriegsmodell, I can only think it was made sometime after the war. Also as far as I know, the Nazi Occupation Unique pistols should all have a waffenamt stamp on the right rear tang.

161 - 170 of 170 Posts