Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Czech marked Steyr Hahn. It is unit marked
LCK. ST. 776.

This pistol is also odd in that the Steyr marking is missing from the slide and the serial number is 1917+ The slide only has the 1917 portion of the serial number and not the +. The Floorplate is marked 17+ on the inside. These are the only places where the pistol is serialized. The barral only has the Eagle N proof. Slide and frame have the C inspectors mark instead of the more normal K inspectors mark. The pistol is W Eagle 19 acceptance marked under the S lion 4 acceptance mark. Pistol also has the Eagle N and O in triangle markings along with the Eagle L marking. I bought it because of the RCS (Republic of Cecho Slovak) marking.

Thanks,

Robert

G

·
quote:Originally posted by bohemian

I just picked up a Czech marked Steyr Hahn. It is unit marked
LCK. ST. 776.
...The pistol is W Eagle 19 acceptance marked under the S lion 4 acceptance mark. Pistol also has the Eagle N and O in triangle markings along with the Eagle L marking. I bought it because of the RCS (Republic of Cecho Slovak) marking.
Hey Robert,

I have been reading many of the CZ27 postings and was thinking of you.

Your Steyr is very interesting. Sounds like a Steyr conversion that went to the Germans during WW2 and then to the Czech's. If your serial number does not end with a letter, then it sounds like it was originally made for the Bavarians during WW1. Placed in storage, then converted to 9 Luger during WW2 by Steyr.

I will have to take a look at it before I can see if I am close or not.

Paul

G

·
quote:Originally posted by CBrown

Wn 19=1919, wrong year for a Bavarian contract.
Yes, sorry I was not paying attention. I called Robert and found out there was a star after the serial number.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.