Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone:
just got back from Louisville show... Picked up an interesting Bayard 1908, .32cal. Prussian eagles on right slide and frame and a Crown/d on right frame. Unit marked on the fron strap JR.78 11.K NR 19. Super interesting holster, marked on the back TDI. Train Depot or Torpedo division I ?
PICS in my next post
Val

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Hi Val, Not likely a Torpedo div. The conventional marking would be
ITD for 1st Torpedo Div.
The 78th Inf Reg was part of the 19th Div. The 19th Inf. Div. had a munitions train attached to it. It could mean Train Detachment or Depot 1, or Train Detachment Ingenieur(Engineer). Since holsters etc. were marked differently than weapons. This is a best guess on my part.
Ron

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pictures of the gun and holster - very unusual construction - very difficult to get the gun in and out of the holster - it does have a pull-up strap and a space for an extra mag inside the holster. A neat little thing, which would have been probably useless in any combat situation. It leads me to agree with Ron that it was probably used by some train personel.
Val

Download Attachment: DSCN6491.JPG
64.41 KB

Download Attachment: DSCN6492.JPG
66.86 KB

Download Attachment: DSCN6493.JPG
73.35 KB

Download Attachment: DSCN6494.JPG
71.27 KB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.