Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Unit Marked Mark IV Webley

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Shelly 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a Webley Mk. IV revolver that displays unit and other markings. I'm curious about them and my knowledge in this area is limited. The rear grip strap displays two unit marks along with dates of issue. The first (crossed out) is an issue date of May 1900 to the 1/NC/6. I presume this to be the first company (battalion?) of the Natal Carbineers, 6th weapon. The second marking has an issue date of August 1901 with a marking of 2D/21, the 21st revolver issued to the 2nd Dragoons (Royal Scots Greys). They both served in the Boer War. Am I correct about this? There are also a series of dates on the right frame. Not sure what these are, maybe arsenal or armorer inspection dates. I've never seen these types of marking on a Webley; maybe I don't own enough of them. Any information would be appreciated. Can it be shot using Fiocchi .455 ammunition?

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.