Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny story:

I bought a mix-master P08 a few years ago. It has a Dutch M11 East-Indies upper and a Mauser P08 frame.

A collector friend has an M11 frame with a German upper. So we discussed about combining the M11 bits to create one full, non-matching M11 from the bits.

So today we met at a local show and proceeded to test fit the parts. Then we checked the numbers...

Turns out that his frame and my upper have the same serial number. And since the Dutch M11 was numbered in a consecutive range, there is no doubt that this frame and upper actually belong together.

So now work has started to officially combine the main parts into one registered pistol again.

Some odds here....

It is unknown when and where the parts got separated, both guns came from older collections and have no known common history beyond their service time.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
That is a mystery for sure!
Incredible but super that you can get the pieces back together. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
That is so cool! The Dutch Lugers are among my favorite, but I only have one...Bill

·
Administrator
13,138 Posts
I like dutch lugers also, but don't have one

Great combination and luck in this

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Gerben,
That is a fantastic stroke of good fortune! Since there is a small element of Dutch in my family lineage, I am a bit partial to these guns. I have a M11 from one of the first two contracts with the Crown/W acceptance mark on the right side of the receiver. I also have a later M11 with the Crown/W on the left side of the receiver that has a brass plate marked M.L. Btzg, which I think was a military police section stationed at Buitgenzorg (modern day Bogor). I also have a Dutch Vickers contract with a brass plate marked to the “Left Half” of the XXI Infantry Battalion (and a klewang marked to same battalion!) and a 1928 KOL contract with the brass plate marked Mar.II (2nd Military Police Batallion). A nice holster, a double magazine pouch, a stormdolk and a 9.4mm Colonial Revolver round out my accumulations.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts