Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a holster I have had for many years. It is a police rework dated 1937 with WaA145. This waffenamp was used by two manufacturers, probably the first listed below.:

1. Karl Barth, Militareffektenfabrik (1939)
2. Deutsche Lederwerkstatten GmbH (1942-1943)

However, there is an unusual logo on the back of the holster which on close examination is a large script letter L enclosing a smaller letter R. Anyone familiar with this marking?

Download Attachment: AAAA 031.jpg
132.53KB

Download Attachment: AAAA 029.jpg
238.82KB

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
this is not a code but the initials of a manufacturer which is yet to be discovered. There are approximately four such different sets of initials examples found in this era.

·
Registered
98 Posts
quote:Originally posted by huggiebear

this is not a code but the initials of a manufacturer which is yet to be discovered. There are approximately four such different sets of initials examples found in this era.
This is just a wild and irresponsible comment, but, the 1937 date stamp looks very very much like the Ehrhardt Poesneck (sp?) date stamp on one of my holsters.
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Contents of this post deleted by J.C.S. as inappropriate.
The purpose of this Forum is to exchange information not insults
Jan

·
Banned
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I'm sure all you experts have a copy of Whittington's "German Pistols and Holsters" Volume III. Look at page 13 and read the last few lines on the page. He talks about this very holster.

·
Registered
98 Posts
quote:Originally posted by huggiebear

so my learned friend , since you claim to be an expert on holsters how is it that the code system that was started in 1940 to be on a 1937 holster ? Is this some Iowa corn feed insight or just some more plain Iowa ignorance !!!!
I have no idea what prompted this response. I am a hobbyist and a student of the things discussed here. I did not insult nor critize--I simply noted that the date stamp looks a lot like one on a holster I have. Your insults regarding Iowa are way out of line--low class prejudice. Heck, I even prefaced my comment as being one that was wildly speculative--but in no way insulting. Ok, so you made clear you dislike me 'cause I am an Iowan and for who knows what else. I can live with that.

Dave
in beautiful, green Iowa overlooking the valley of the Missouri River

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Dave
in beautiful, green Iowa overlooking the valley of the Missouri River, My apology. I went on the computer early this morning before I was to go the Dentist and read , or thought I read, your response to my reply and all that I could see was "wild and irresponible" which was a flash point for me. After being told what the message was intended, I re-read your reply and have to agree. The comments were deleted which was proper. Bear in mind that at least four times a week I am giving lessons or free advice of what is or is not a real holster and to even to the point of giving free written appraisals and confirmation of original valuable holsters. This is done only to help the beginner and to help stop the fraud that abounds everyday. So when I saw "wild and irresponsible" it was over the top. Enough said. My apologies .

Reactions: Kudzu‘s Kid
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.