Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36049&item=6517800343&rd=1

Curious about this holster. It is obviously not originally a Navy holster as described, note the stitching holes for a cleaning rod which mould into the toe of the holster; for the stock block at the back; for the closure tab on the front.

I'm curious about the "Stoeger" stamping. Were they known to modify, or market holsters modified in this respect?

--Dwight

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I think it is bogus, made up from pieces of a couple of holsters, not necessarily Luger. I noticed that Jerry Burney bid on it, so either I am totally wrong or he wants it for parts.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The moral of the story is to always do your own research before you ask a question. Page 619 of Bender shows exactly one of these holsters, a converted Artillery holster made to fit a Navy model Luger (the complete holster has a top flap). The belt loop is the same, complete with A.F. Stoeger logo stamped on it. Pictured along with a 1920 Commercial Navy Luger.

--Dwight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.