Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I saw a Unique pistol today at a local shop.It has a one line logo "7.65 COURT 9 COUPS “UNIQUE”" and the hammerless pistol's frame is serial numbered in 417000 range.Though it's in very nice condition it is very roughly finished with lots of machining marks visible.There are no proof marks that I can see, either French or German.The pistol is finished with black paint.On some of the squared edges, where the the paint is slightly worn, bare metal shows through.No phosphate.The lined black plastic grips are marked with a circled "RF" logo.Is this a pre or post war pistol? Asking price is $150.A good deal? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Len

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hi Len,
The pistol is probably a pre war French contract piece. The serial number sounds right but there is little known on these. The factory is closed down and most of the records were lost. No one is really sure when the black paint was done. There are others with the paint and some with no finish. Anything is possible with this group. The price sounds good. If you decide to pass, please let me know, I am putting together some examples of Pre war French pistols and revolvers.
Hope this helps a little.
Dean

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dean,
Thanks for the info. I went back today and purchased the Unique. I incorrectly reported the serial as being in the 417000 range,it's actually 413708 (assembly # 354).Here are some pics.

Best regards,
Len

Download Attachment: un7.jpg
82.55KB

Download Attachment: un1.jpg
143.53 KB

Download Attachment: un2.jpg
126.45 KB

Download Attachment: un3.jpg
122.7 KB

Download Attachment: un4.jpg
68.69 KB

Download Attachment: un5.jpg
59.48 KB

Download Attachment: un6.jpg
54.55 KB

G

·
That pistol looks somewhat familiar. Anybody know which model this one is?

It has the German stamp on the frame by the serial number and also, very small, on the barrel. I've not been able to find any stamp on the holster. Uncle picked it up in Southern France, he was with the 45th ID, and it went into the closet when he came home. It moved from closet to closet until I received it. He hadn't even cleaned it. I cleaned both pistol and holster. Sorry, I can't stand filthy firearms.

Pistol has the 3 line Unique text on the one side. Grips say 7.65mm.

I guess the serial doesn't need to be a secret. Somebody is doing a database I saw on another thread. Here:

Not model 17 or Kriegs right? Maybe? I don't know. I'm hoping you do.

Cheers.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Thanks Guys for the serial numbers and I will see that they get on the list.
Jfarmer99, what is the last digit on the serial number? The flash kind of washed it out. Great pistol, the M16 is a tough one to find. Only 3000 produced during the occupation.
Jan, Nice prewar French contract piece. This is another tough one.
Two great finds!
Dean

G

·
quote:Originally posted by Dgiz

Thanks Guys for the serial numbers and I will see that they get on the list.
Jfarmer99, what is the last digit on the serial number? The flash kind of washed it out. Great pistol, the M16 is a tough one to find. Only 3000 produced during the occupation.
Jan, Nice prewar French contract piece. This is another tough one.
Two great finds!
Dean
Thanks for the info. I had it in my table as a model 16 but that was best guess. Nice to hear I was right.

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.