Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to look at 1914 Erfurt LP08 matched except mag and 80-85% finish, holster with non matching stock and 1st model drum with dust cover in vg-exc. condition. Have a good idea of value on everthing but the drum. If I could get a little help from the gentleman out there I would appreciate it. Thanks, Chuck

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,321 Posts
Chuck, I am not sure as to the monetary differences in a first model Vrs a second but I just snagged a second for a grand. I saw several on dealer sites for 12 to 1500 like Dave says. I thought I got a relative bargain. The dust cover is also worth a hundred or better don't forget! Jerry Burney

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Over here, the first model snail drum is definitely worth more. Prices seem to be in the same region as in the U.S.A. (if not even higher). Take care not to pay too much for the dust cover or the machine pistol attachment. Both have been copied, apparently so well that experts have been unable to tell the difference. So prices have fallen dramatically. I´d borrow a loader and then try the full drum mag out to see how well it worked before purchasing. Prices for the loading tool seem to go up by the year. I still can´t believe that anyone could make a profit manufacturing repro snail drums but I know that repro loading tools are on the market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.