Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can somebody give me value ranges for 6.35 and 7.65mm German and English language original prewar manuals?
Please see photo...

Thanks
Anthony

Mauser small.jpg

·
2,360 Posts
Anthony, I have to compare them to original Sauer manuals which I have sold for $100 to $250 depending on the model variation and the overall condition. Hope this helps. JIM

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anthony, I have to compare them to original Sauer manuals which I have sold for $100 to $250 depending on the model variation and the overall condition. Hope this helps. JIM
Hi Jim,

Can you (or somebody) else be more specific regarding what you see in the photo?

That is a wide range.

Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
I think, the top three and the black and white one in the middle are the more common ones (the manaul in English is rare in Switzerland, I suppose not so much in the US).

The red, green and blue Mauser Werke manuals are much rarer.

And I think WTP manuals are usually very hard to find.

That is a Swiss perspective - the situation in the US is may be different.

If you take the price range from 100 to 250, I would propose 100-150 for the first categorie, 150-200 for the second and 200 to 250 for the WTP manuals.

Overall I think these prices are quite high - but for the US may be correct.

I suppose Burgess can tell more about...

Alex

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Alex, this really helps!

Do others agree?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Anthony, PM sent I would be happy to provide estimates of individual manuals or the group. Regards,

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Anthony,

Ok, for the group $1000-1200 USD. Take care that the green cover manuals are not re-prints. If they are subtract $350-400 from this estimate. if you want individual values let me know. I may be interested in a few of them if you decide you do not want them.

Regards,
Burgess

·
Registered
487 Posts
The green manuals do not look like the well known German reprints: not the same manuals, different color (the reprints have a lighter green).

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Alexander, I agree that they "do not look like​" the lighter green reprints. I try to always be cautious when not 100% sure. Regards,

·
Registered
487 Posts
Here are the two manuals in question from the DWJ publishing house.

The DWJ publishing house produced only three manuals for Mauser pocket pistols: The two you can see here on the pictures and one for the HSc - there was never a DWJ reprint for the WTP I

And of course I'm aware that Burgess knows this...:)

Alexander

Attachments

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
indeed, I am familiar with these reprints. They also made the FN 1900 manual. These are in an advanced collection, the owner would not mess with reprints.

Thank you all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts