Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 2 of those rods around someplace. Acquired them many years ago. They were in the holsters. No idea of what they are worth today. I guess I need to look for them.
Well, I've had offers as much as $500 for one of mine. It would be interesting to see how yours are marked, please consider adding them to this thread.

Reactions: lugerholsterrepair

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Were these issued after September 1939?
The Germans reissued the Vis. 35 much like they reissued Czechoslovakian weapons. I have never heard of German manufactured cleaning rod's for them. One of my examples came with a Vet bring back Polish issue Vis holster the other I bought from a fellow in Poland.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,739 Posts
I have it on good authority that some rods in Poland are being expertly faked.

Reactions: Hessian

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All the more important for those with Vis.35 cleaning rod's to post pictures and help protect fellow members. It would be nice for others to post on this thread.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another great resource is page 88 of "VIS RADOM" by William J.York who pictures and discusses the varients such as those I posted. Incidentally, I've always wanted to contact Mr. York to discuss the number 2 serialized Vis. 35 sales sample to Argentina complete with stock that I was shown.

·
Registered
515 Posts
there was an extended post by leszek ehrenfeit(visniewski) about polish cleaning rod with good pics or exemples of good ones and fakes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts