Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 2 of those rods around someplace. Acquired them many years ago. They were in the holsters. No idea of what they are worth today. I guess I need to look for them.
Well, I've had offers as much as $500 for one of mine. It would be interesting to see how yours are marked, please consider adding them to this thread.

Reactions: lugerholsterrepair

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Were these issued after September 1939?
The Germans reissued the Vis. 35 much like they reissued Czechoslovakian weapons. I have never heard of German manufactured cleaning rod's for them. One of my examples came with a Vet bring back Polish issue Vis holster the other I bought from a fellow in Poland.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All the more important for those with Vis.35 cleaning rod's to post pictures and help protect fellow members. It would be nice for others to post on this thread.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another great resource is page 88 of "VIS RADOM" by William J.York who pictures and discusses the varients such as those I posted. Incidentally, I've always wanted to contact Mr. York to discuss the number 2 serialized Vis. 35 sales sample to Argentina complete with stock that I was shown.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I have it on good authority that some rods in Poland are being expertly faked.
I have had mine for a number of years.

My problem is that I am limited in space so small things have a tendency to get misplaced. For example, I will be looking for "A" and find "M". For example, I have 3 Luftwaffe marked holsters for the Hi Power, but can only find 2 of them - the 3rd one is somewhere but not gone. (The holsters go with the Luftwaffe marked Hi Power.)

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting, today I looked at my Polish blue print copy of the Vis.35 cleaning rod. The measurements are different than those poblished in the latest Vis.35 publication. The document is dated 1939 which seems late considering the initial year if production. Considering a new design possibly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts