Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received a very nice not-import-marked Radom VIS M1935 Grade III Subvariation 1 from Empire Arms, serial number D51xx, advertised as an East German re-arsenaled piece. Being from Dennis, of course it's exactly as advertised, with matching slide and frame (but mismatched barrel). Markings are distinct and as illustrated in Axis Pistols.

There's one marking that I don't understand, however. Partially obscured by the hammer release is the following marking:

Download Attachment: radom_vis_m1935_marking.jpg
61.76KB

A couple of questions:

(1) How does one tell that the piece was re-arsenaled in East Germany? Wherever it was done it certainly was a quite professional job.

(2) What does the above marking mean?

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
58 Posts
(2) What does the above marking mean?

Thanks,

Bryan

Download Attachment: Radom mkng.jpg
26.78KB

Brian,

Mine has the same marking and I beleive that many of these pistols were made prior to the invasion..were dammaged rendered unusable by the poles perhaps they threw a part or two away befoer giving up the pistol...I think that the number is Polish not German possibly a lot number mine is marked r67971 my pistol is a later war with no safety.

Aufaffe

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hello Bryan,

one can recognize the East German Radoms by certain characteristics:

1. The weapon number was written at the side on the slide and on the barrel with electric pencil ( the latter only can be seen bad on the photo.)

2. All pieces known to me have a acceptance stamp of the People's Police, shown here a sunburst stamp including a 11 on the triggerguard ( representing the district of Suhl ).

I include some pics from an original East German Radom holster.
The meaning of the great number is still unknown to me.

For the second question:
These numbers seem to be factory internal assembly numbers and
appear only very irregularly.

Fritz

Download Attachment: 7.4. 064.jpg
195.45KB

Download Attachment: 7.4. 065.jpg
186.55KB

Download Attachment: 7.4. 071.jpg
93.48KB

Download Attachment: 7.4. 076.jpg
122.18KB

Download Attachment: 7.4. 078.jpg
59.74KB

Download Attachment: 7.4. 087.jpg
131.98KB

Download Attachment: 7.4. 093.jpg
120.91KB

Download Attachment: 7.4. 095.jpg
154.9KB
To question two
Download Attachment: 7.4. 086.jpg
121.44KB

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Fritz, thank you for the excellent pictures of a VERY nice pre-war Radom. The East German markings are interesting and I have a re-worked Luger with the sun-burst/shield stamps. Has anyone made a study of E.German police stamps? You mention that 11 is the Suhl district. Do you know what other districts there are and what numbers are used to designate those districts? Not a great deal is known about East German rework Lugers and other arms in the US.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Originally posted by Weimar_Police

Fritz, where did you get this info? Danke!

Ed

Hi Ed,

excuse me, I know that my answer is very late.

I got the information imediatly after the reunification of the German States in 1990 from the chief of the People's Police - detective force chieftain Trüe from the City of Gardelegen (Sachsen-Anhalt).
It's taken from a paper only for the official use of the police, including an internal instruction with the key for the districts ,administrative districts and municipalities .

Fritz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.