Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As an FYI - I have Vol One, Vol Two and Vol Three available.
Vol 1 is $25
Vol 2 is $30
Vol 3 is $30
All three for $84 shipped

Volume 4 is $34 shipped
-----------------

I have been working on Volume 4 of Veteran Bring Backs for about 4 years, and I am finally going to have it published this spring. This likely last volume is right at 170 pages – cost after publication will be $30. I never thought there would be four volumes making this into a series, there are stories from many wars and many types of guns. As an example – there are 5 stories on lugers (WW2 and Cold War) – 5 on Arisaka’s – 2 CZ27’s – two flags – 2 Soviet rifles in Vietnam – 2 on 1911’s – 4 P38 stories from WW2 and Vietnam – a Civil War revolver – PPK, Garand, Tokeravs, a US Carbine, Thompson and several others -- overall a lot of interesting stories!

Books are being sent to my house today - expected delivery late next week (27 August and I'd start shipping the next day)
Costs are $30 each book(plus shipping) – and will autograph each, and if asked, I will sign them to you.
please add $4 for media shipping

Prefer check or money order - email for address

PayPal is [email protected] - note underscore between ed and tinker ( _ )
friends and family or please pay the fee

Email for physical address

Cover photo

Attachments

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Ed,
Looks good. My check for 3 copies is "in the mail".:cool:

·
Administrator
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Still looking for folks to pre-buy - as soon as it is published (sending off next week), will raise price to $30 plus $4 shipping

book is at publisher, going through process of them sending me a sample book, okaying,
then mass printing - sale until the published copies get here

The publisher just sent me the proof copy to look at. It is supposed to be here on Tuesday, then its 3 weeks after I give my go-ahead, slower than I thought it would be.

Ed

Just an FYI - the publisher is caught in the covid19 stuff, so they have not gotten past the proof stage - other items having higher priority, loss of a few employees to stay at home etc - I expect another month

Yes, will put out another note – as of late last week and then a discussion this morning – the publisher was knocked out by Covid-19 and now the sub-contractor who prints the pages has gone out of business, so new biz will print it, but they are just sending them the files.

I told them to go-ahead, instead of cancelling the order

Ed

LATEST updates...

The first publisher was shut down for almost 3 months - then sent me a 'proof' copy which needed some adjustments (name left out for a picture - the title / my name did not appear on the spine)

I fixed that and waited, then a month later, was told that the sub-publisher (where the proof copy came from) went out of business.
A new publisher ( i knew that Golden Belt publishing sent out some jobs, but was surprised) and anyway, they are supposed to send me a proof copy, once I say its okay after a few days, then it'll go for full publishing.

Its been very frustrating. I've tried to put information out on the threads, but its been awhile, will update.

Ed

Books are being sent to my house today - expected delivery late next week (27 August and I'd start shipping the next day)
Costs are $30 each book(plus shipping) – and will autograph each, and if asked, I will sign them to you.
please add $3 for media shipping

·
Administrator
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Proof copy - I changed a few things, but this is how it should look

Sent back changes - expect three weeks, but with covid19 - not sure

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
hang in there Ed...Bill

·
Administrator
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Books are here and will be mailed out in the next few days

Ed

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone has not received their copy(s) of Vet 4 - please shoot me an email or PM
I can check that I did not miss adding anyone to my spreadsheet

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Great book Ed. Thanks for doing this...Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts