Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a little research on v.L&D. marked pistols, particularly Mauser pocket pistols.

Griffin and Howe owns the log books of vl&d as well as their successor, Abercrombie, but they are not providing research services any longer. This might change, but for he moment we are on our own.

I have presciently downloaded serial numbers that G&F says were the numbers of guns sold by them and, presumably, marked.

What I am asking for is a report of any pistols hat have the vl&d marking, thus:
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Asphalt

All I need are the s/n, model and anything that might be interesting otherwise. I need the FULL s/n. If you are uncomfortable posting it please PM me.

Thank you.

I am particularly curious about the existence of any Dreyse or Stock pistols with such a mark.

Reactions: r_t_darc and Vlim

·
Administrator
14,062 Posts
I've got one - this is the information - you probably already have this one.

S/N 14633Early side latch. 95+% blue, VL&D inscribed on right side. Wood grips look new.

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
Mauser signed a statement that Stoeger would be their sole resprentative in the US from 1922 onwards, stipulating there was a running deal with VL&D that was ending.

So it would either make sense that no post-1921 Mauser pistols exist with VLD markings, or that any post-1921 VLD pistols were acquired through Stoeger.

Reactions: Edward Tinker

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Ed, yes I had that one. The total is 15 at the moment (of the m.1910).

Reactions: Edward Tinker

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you aware of any Stoeger marked Mauser pistols?

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
The Mauser pocket pistols should only have the Germany marking. Stoeger marked lugers are well known.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts