Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have VoPo markings higher that the 15 ?
Also, can you post photos of any of your VoPo markings.
Would be nice to have a photo of each of the 15, and of any others.
Thanks
Send me a photo of your VoPo marking so that I can include it in the list. Would be nice to have a compiled reference with images of all of the VoPo markings.

Download Attachment: VoPo Marking ALL Districts Markings.jpg
134.68KB

·
Administrator
13,361 Posts
Pancho, Great idea! If you get feedback, can you share with the group?

Ed

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kevin, can you post a photo and give me the serial number?
Can xxx the last 3 digits if you want.

·
Super Moderator
3,951 Posts
Hi,

These pages are from the 1966 East-German publication 'Kleine Waffenkunde' which describes the then-used Volkspolizei equipment, including the P08 (still designated 'Pistole 08').

No information on markings, etc.. but the book clearly shows the VoPo layout, including the bullseye grips and the Haenel '1001' magazine.

Download Attachment: VOPO-01_small.jpg
57.21KB

Download Attachment: vopo-02_small.jpg
73.07KB

·
Super Moderator
3,951 Posts
Pancho,

No problem. You might want to add the full source info:

Kleine Waffenkunde, 1966
Ministerium des Innern - Publikationsabteilung
Former Eastern Germany

While I was re-reading Goertz his excellent revised 'Die Pistole 08' publication I noticed him saying that there was no decent explanation for the '1001' designation on the Haenel made DDR P08 magazines.

That is not completely true. The DDR used a system for suppliers where each supplier had his own 4-digit supplier-designation or 'Lieferernummer'. The supplier designation for Haenel was 1001.
Haenel also produced a DDR version of the Walther PP, known in Eastern Germany as the 'Pistole 1001'.

I don't have a decent explanation for the digit preceding 1001 on the magazines yet.

A 1961 VoPo holster shows a similar 4-digit designation, including the 'Lieferernummer' 1828:

Download Attachment: 61vopo2.jpg
11.9KB

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Pancho,

I find this topic very interesting and has been overlooked by most of the major publications that I have seen. VOPO markings are discussed, but in most cases not identified in terms of the location of the police unit or how high the number sequence reaches.

I have two P38's of the CZ 46 variety with the stamp. Serial number 79 has the 29 marking in the shield, serial number 1878 has 27 in the shield.

A third P38 is a recent find and is a byf 44 E/L Nazi police gun with VOPO markings. The marking is very lightly struck and needs further analysis as does the gun, I received it yesterday.

Certainly a photo essay will be in the works for this pistol since the weekend will be a wash, because of the hurricane, for any outdoor activity and I will have time to shoot some pictures.

Mark

·
Registered
130 Posts
The only VOPO marking left on any of my collection is a 5 and it is found on a Cz-27

Download Attachment: P0001340.JPG
184.64KB

I do have Vz-47 that appears to have had a VOPO marking that has been removed

Great Posts!

Robert

·
Registered
538 Posts
Pancho,
* While I see you have a pic already, I can report a VOPO P.38 w/ a DDR sunburst 18. A Czech '46, one of 3000.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RockinWR,
That's good info.
Would appreciate a photo of the VoPo mark
to include in posting. Nothing wrong with having
two examples of the 18. In fact, I think it would be
very interesting.
Pls. send photo.
Thanks,
Pancho

K

·
0 Posts
Pancho,

Sorry for the late response, I've been out of town on business. Please tell me how to send you a photo or post it on this site and I will be more than happy to do so. I've got a 6k image or a 304K image which I will be more than happy to share. I just don't know how to copy it to this reply. I've tried the simple copy and paste and that does not work. BTW, the 1922 Browning pistol started its life as a Nazi production piece in the 108xxx range with WaA140 marks. Most of the Nazi marks have been removed, except for the ones on the back side of the barrel and one on the frame.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kevin, Mark,
have added your contribution to the posting.

Mark,
Cz's are cool.
Which VoPo #s do you have ?
It would be nice to add them to the collection.
I think that more than one example of the same # would be good.
New numbers, even better.

Pancho

1 - 20 of 22 Posts