Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what point in the production of the gun was the army/police acceptance mark (waffenamt) applied? I had always assumed it was applied after the gun was blued and test fired. Was it the last thing done before it was crated for shipment? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
I think that your question could be better served if you stated what pistol you are referring to. As best that I can tell, one did before bluing and others did it after bluing and still other have a mixed combination of having one waffenamt blued while another waffenamt on the same pistol to be done after bluing.

·
Silver Bullet Member
338 Posts
Waffenamts are military acceptance marks and were applied to completed or partly completed military contract arms in the factory by an official inspector, thus certifing them as military property and suitable for military use. Police weapons were almost always commercialy produced arms that were later marked as accepted for police use with a special police acceptance stamp (Eagle/C, Eagle/F, etc). In a few cases, notaby the CZ27's, some military accepted arms were diverted to police use, and marked accordingly. Please note that many SS and police units were, in fact, part of the military.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.