Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's well used, and nothing compared to Lloyds Model 8s, but I bought it because I wanted the holster and spare magazine. The entire price was probably what I would pay for the holster and mag alone. The holster is unmarked, and looks almost like high quality patton leather. I have never seen a complete rig, and thought it would be neat to have.
The grips are warped, slightly curled up at the bottom. As if exposed to heat at some point in time. Has anyone got a solution or any ideas on how to straighten them? I have some thoughts , but wanted to see if anyone has a tried and true method.

Thanks! Ron
Download Attachment: 100_0005.JPG
153.92KB

Download Attachment: 100_0006.JPG
153.7KB

Download Attachment: 100_0007.JPG
166.92KB

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,331 Posts
Ron, I understand completely, You don't really want the pistol. Just send it to me and I will take it off your hands. Sweet little rig. Guess that gun shop job is paying off in spades....I like the holster. Sort of a variation of pebble grain. Nice presentation, let me know if you need my address. Jerry Burney

·
Registered
569 Posts
I once tried to 'straighten out' some warped plastic grips....and, I will NEVER try that again!

I just used a little</u> heat and I totally ruined them.

As usual, the best thing to do is nothing!

Orv

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Jerry, I just wish the finish on the pistol was better, but ya can't have everything. They are neat little pistols.

Did you get my e-mail about the police holster? What do you think about the back? I have been looking at the photos and can't figure out what the crud is on the back of it. I imagine I'll find out when it arrives.

Ron

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Orv, Thanks! That's what I was afraid of. I thought about clamping then to a ridgid steel plate and emersing them in boiling water in stages, alittle at a time, but I'm kind of afraid to take the chance.

Ron

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ron, Way to go! A very nice rig. I love these small wonderfully built pistols--like you said they are elegant pistols. In my opinion this is the pistol, the Walther Model 8, that launched Walther into the modern age of pistol manufacturing. You can see many things (traits) that were adopted or brought into the world famous PP and PPK line and the Model 8 was the parent that passed it on. What is the serial number or at least the first three digits? If you are interested in another one I may have a contact for you. Let me know.
Best, Lloyd in Vegas

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Lloyd, It does'nt measure up to your excellent Mod.8s, but at least I have an example. Have you ever seen a holster like this? The serial# is 720440. I would be interested in another one. Especially if it's in better condition.

Thanks Jan, And thankyou for the "1900" post. I did'nt respond, because it was'nt worth responding to.
Did you get my follow up e-mail yesterday? I hope there is no mis-understanding in my explaination.

Ron

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Ron,
I have straightened several pairs of PLASTIC and HARD RUBBER by letting them sit in hot water for a while....this sometimes softens them enough to bend by putting weight on them till they straighten and cool down....Don't use a torch!! ;))

Dave

·
Banned
803 Posts
Straightening grips is easy if you apply heat with a hot air heat gun. I devised this method years ago and have full confidence in it. Give it a try and let me know if it works. If it does, I'll give it a try myself!

·
Administrator
15,561 Posts
quote:Originally posted by lugerholsterrepair

Ron, I understand completely, You don't really want the pistol. Just send it to me and I will take it off your hands.Jerry Burney
Great, that is what I was going to e-mail ron...

nice rig Ron!

Ed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.