Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go,finally got home with it today ,I thought it was a PPK but it is a PP, The serial is 300656 with no numerial on it. The slide bears the last three digits on it. I also know Bulgaia was supplied with the pistols and this was one of them
And Hey it is double-action. WHEN WOULD IT HAVE BEEN PRODUCED??

Download Attachment: w3.jpg
55.18 KB

Download Attachment: w1.jpg
67.5 KB

this on the slide and a couple of other parts of the gunb,,what does this mean????

Download Attachment: w2.jpg
96.58 KB

Download Attachment: w3.jpg
58.78 KB

Download Attachment: w4.jpg
66.88 KB

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sorry, have never heard the term "numerial", nor can I find it in Webster's or Random House. What does "numerial" mean ?
I do not collect post war pistols, but the slide looks to have a post-war nitro mark.
Here's a link: http://www.whog.org/ppk/markings.htm
The extension of the mag. looks to be sharply cut like a post war variation, but need a photo of the very bottom of the extension; a description of the markings on the mag. body; type of finish on the follower, to be certain.
The grips look like WW2 grips.
Your Bulgarian mark does not look at all like the one on my Cz39 Bulgarian.
Here's a link: http://www.panchogun.com/FVWebPhotos/FV-CZ39-Bulgarian-Military-5x100px.jpg
That nitro mark is problematic. I don't think you have a WW2 pistol.
My advice is that You do some basic research and invest in at least a couple a books--it can save you a lot of money and time, plus, they are fun to read. Buy Jan's book, Axis Pistols. It's the best of the best.
Here's a link to my research library:
http://www.panchogun.com/FV-Books-Page.html
Watch for other posting from more experienced collectors.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not numerial but letter is what i was supposed to say. ohhh and clip may not be the one it was origional with. The pistol was imported by Interarms, the clip does say Walther PP 7.65mm

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hello,
that PP was made in 1961 by Walther, Ulm/Do. The proof mark is the postwar German "eagle over N" nitro proof.
In postwar years Bulgaria still used many PPs and some PPKs which they had been given in 1943 by Nazi Germany as a military aide. Those were supplemented by purchases of postwar Walthers. Most of that lot were sold on the "Western" collectors' market in the 1990s.
Dieter.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many pistols did Bulgaria buy?and what might the value be worth so I can get an idea how I did??Still is a nice pistol,I really like Bulgarian stuff, the Bulg.Lion is the only reason I bought the gun anyway
thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello fogman7,

as Jan mentioned, this symbol has been used by the Hessian Police in postwar Germany (Hessen is one of the 16 states in Germany), just to show it is a governmental pistol. The symbol used to show ownership of the Hessian Police is the state insignia, the hessian lion in a shield.

You can buy postwar police PP´s and PPK´s between 200 and 300 Euro in Germany in good condition. They are not rare at all and easily to get from different dealers and on gun fairs. I am not sure about rating the value of your gun, but the left side looks "not very good" (might be the picture quality), but if it is somewhere around condition 3 or 4 I would hope that you did not pay more than 200 Euro (equals about 250 US $), prices might be little higher in US than here in Germany.

best regards, Andy

·
Registered
485 Posts
Fogman,
Don't get discouraged, just get some books, and make an accurate and detailed posting for some advice before buying. You can get a lot of help from other collectors if you treat them with respect, but, you need to spend about $50 on a book first. It will be the best and most rewarding collector money you spend.
Don't get discouraged.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone for the help,, I have enjoyed collecting European amrs since i have started and I bet my wife regrets me buying that 88/90 Steyr long rifle by now,,haha,,any ideas on what books ,I know I would like to get my hands on Jan Stills book,but would like to know where,,any advice??
thanks in advance
derek

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.